- January 4, 2020
- Posted by: unionescrow
Marketing a fund to European investors is regulated under the AIFMD, requiring certain funds to appoint a depositary.
Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) subject to the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) must appoint a depositary to act as safekeeper and monitor.
The depositary ensures that the fund is the rightful owner of the assets; cash is monitored and reconciled; and fund procedures are carried out in compliance with the law, regulations and fund terms and conditions.
Our depositary services
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, like so many regulations, can increase fund costs. Our streamlined depositary services, however, help asset managers create structures which are compliant, yet cost-effective.
- Ongoing cash flow monitoring
We ensure that cash is properly booked on AIF accounts and identify significant cash flows.
- Ownership verification and record keeping
We perform asset ownership verification, maintaining up-to-date records of fund assets.
We determine the accuracy of AIF income distribution, oversee appropriate operating procedures, support compliance with investment restrictions and oversee adequate valuation of units and shares.
UNION-ESCROW Group AIFMD depositary services
We are authorised to act as an AIFMD depositary in Guernsey, Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
Deploy UNION-ESCROW Group’s full-service offering and lay firm foundations for your fund.
- Start with the essential building blocks: administration, accounting, depositary, transfer agency and trustee services.
- Continue with robust governance and reporting that stems from our mastery of regulatory detail in over 80 jurisdictions.
- Enjoy a seamless global service, coordinated through a single contact, based near your operational teams in any of the major fund jurisdictions.
- Rely on specialists who understand the spectrum of investment funds – mezzanine, debt fund and fund of funds among them – plus pooling vehicles covering real assets and commodities, REITs, private equity and real estate and infrastructure.
- Work with a team that enjoys excellent relationships with leading independent law firms and tax consultants, collaborating efficiently and facilitating first-class advice worldwide.
- Access our services 24 hours a day, regardless of where you are based.
We make a complex world simple
UNION-ESCROW Group is the leading provider of administrative support services for international business expansion – organically or through M&A – and investment funds.
With close-knit teams of some 7,800 in-house experts – on the ground in over 80 locations – we are the only company worldwide to provide the combination of fiduciary, company secretarial, accounting and tax and HR and payroll services essential to the success of businesses investing, operating and expanding across multiple jurisdictions.
We know how to unlock access to some of the world’s most attractive markets – no matter how complex – swiftly, safely and efficiently.
That’s why over 60% of the Fortune Global 500 and FTSE 100 and almost half of the top 300 private equity firms use us.